Archives for January 2012
Total bank IT spending across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific will grow to US$173.3 billion in 2012. This spending level is approximately 2.8% higher than 2011. This is a discouraging but not surprising indicator that IT spending growth is slightly on the decline. The good news is that a slight turnaround is in sight.We have published a series of four reports this month that are relevant to all organizations: – IT Spending in Banking: A Global Perspective – IT Spending in Banking: A North American Perspective – Top Trends in Banking 2012 – Top Trends in Payments: A Year In Review Happy reading!
I’ve recently agreed to serve as a judge for the 2012 Innotribe Startup Challenge. The event provides an opportunity for FinTech and Financial Service startups and innovators to meet potential investors, customers and partners from financial institutions and FinTech investors. See the bottom of this post for info on how to receive an invite to the event.Sponsored by SWIFT (www.swift.com), the Innotribe Startup Challenge (http://www.innotribestartup.com) fosters collaboration between emerging FinTech and Financial Service innovators and SWIFT’s member community.
- Applicants to the Challenge enjoy online exposure and introductions to hundreds of potential partners and customers from SWIFT’s member community, as well as investors and other members of the startup ecosystem.
- Semi-finalists, selected by a panel of expert judges, are invited to one of three regional Challenge Showcases (New York – Feb 8, Bangkok – Apr 25/6, and Belfast – late June), to pitch and network with a hand-picked group of 40-50 investors and financial industry decision makers.
- The 15 most promising companies from across all three Challenge Showcases, as selected by qualified decision makers and investors from across the SWIFT community, will be invited to present at Sibos, SWIFT’s annual financial industry trade show. Sibos (www.sibos.com) will take place this year in Osaka, Japan in October 2012.
- One or more early-stage winners selected by the Sibos audience will share in a $50K in cash prize.
- ZashPay User Impressions
- U.S. Bank Deposit Point: Doing Right Things Right
- Tablet Wars: Online/Mobile Banking Will Never be The Same
- New ATM Rules on the Block
- Will Tablets Change Banking?
- Bank IT Spending and Trends: What Does 2011 Look Like?
- Celent Model Bank Awards 2011
- Is PFM The Future of Online Banking?
- U.S. Bank Deposit Point II: Will Pay-for-Deposit Last?
- Chase Website – Down Again